Many thanks to our friend Jean-Luc for this
Compared to many of the recordings made today Maestro Kondrashin’s tempi are fast and the recordings (like those from conductors Mravinsky, Svetlanov and Rhodesvetsky) have a visceral feel. More recently, conductors like Valery Gergiev and Mistislav Rostropovich have adopted slower tempi that seek to probe the drama of the music. This approach rewarding but it is interesting to listen to the work of conductors who worked with Shostakovich.
The First Symphony is very well played and exuberant. It certainly is among the best recordings of the symphony.
This Third Symphony is nicely performed, well recorded and played at a fast tempo. This recording ranks alongside Haitinck’s acclaimed reading as one of the best of this symphony.
Composer: Dmitri Shostakovich
Orchestra: Moscow Philarmonic Orchestra
Conductor: Kiril Kondrashin
Number of Discs: 1
DR-Analysis: DR 13
Size: 1.19 GB
|Symphony No. 1 In F, Op. 10|
|A1||1. Allegretto – Allegro Non Troppo||8:50|
|A3||3. Lento / 4. Allegro Molto||18:42|
|Symphony No. 3 In E-Flat, Op. 20 “1st Of May”|
|B||Symphony No. 3 In E-Flat, Op. 20 “1st Of May”||26:18|
Analyzed folder: /96k Shostakovich – Symphonies 1 and 3 – Kondrashin
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR13 -1.15 dB -20.59 dB A1 Symphony No. 1 In F, Op. 10 – 1. Allegretto – Allegro Non Troppo.aif
DR14 -1.67 dB -21.75 dB A2 Symphony No. 1 In F, Op. 10 – 2. Allegro.aif
DR12 -0.49 dB -18.18 dB A3 Symphony No. 1 In F, Op. 10 – 3. Lento-4. Allegro Molto.aif
DR13 -0.67 dB -18.03 dB B Symphony No. 3 In E-Flat, Op. 20 ‘1st Of May’.aif
Number of files: 4
Official DR value: DR13
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Große Vorstufe, Erste Frankfurter Röhrenmanufaktur (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
My rips are almost rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Super light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Download from FileFactory