Many thanks to our friend Jean-Luc
Everything just sounds right – Kondrashin’s tempos, use of rubato, rhythmic flow, changes in volume, etc. He was very much at ease with this symphony, and his mastery of it is quite apparent. I have heard other versions of it, such as that of Jarvi, and none come close to Kondrashin. His performance just sounds best. Although the symphony itself mystifies me, the performance does not. Kondrashin’s recording is excellent.
# Composer: Dmitri Shostakovich
# Orchestra: Moscow Philarmonic Orchestra
# Conductor: Kiril Kondrashin
# Vinyl (1962)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: EMI/Melodya
# DR-Analysis: DR 13
# Size: 1.23 GB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
Analyzed folder: /96k Shostakovich – Symphony No. 4 – Kondrashin
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR13 -0.93 dB -19.65 dB A Symphony No. 4 – 1st Movement- Allegretto Poco Moderato.wav
DR12 -0.83 dB -19.68 dB B1 Symphony No. 4 – 2nd Movement- Moderato Con Moto.wav
DR12 -1.22 dB -19.79 dB B2 Symphony No. 4 – 3rd Movement- Largo – Allegro.wav
Number of files: 3
Official DR value: DR12
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Vintage (1979) Luxman L-55A
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
I tend more and more, in the last time, to de-click with an automatic setting between 0.7 and 1.2 so you can say, my rips are like half rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Very light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory