Many thanks to our friend Jean-Luc for this
Perhaps this particular Mahler recording from Kondrashin is mainly for fans of the conductor. Because of some faster tempi that most of you (and me) are not familiar with. All in all is a good performance, don’t missunderstand me. But it should not be one’s only recording of Mahler 5 in one’s collection, to be sure. However, given the rarity of recordings from Soviet-era Russia of Mahler 5, that makes this recording of some historic interest. But the main reason to have this album is the 1st mov. of the 10th Symphony, performed in a marvellous way by Gennady Rozhdestvensky.
Composer: Gustav Mahler
Orchestra: USSR Symphony Orchestra (5), Moscow Radio Symphony Orchestra (10)
Conductor: Kiril Kondrashin(5), Gennady Rozhdestvensky(10)
Vinyl (1974 and 1971)
Number of Discs: 2
DR-Analysis: DR 14
Size: 1.7 GB
Analyzed folder: /96k Mahler – Symphony 5 – Kondrashin
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR13 -1.05 dB -19.90 dB A1 First Movement- Trauermarsch. In Gemessenem Schritt. Streng. Wie Ein Konduct.aif
DR12 -0.81 dB -17.31 dB A2 Second Movement- Sturmisch Bewegt, Mit Groesster Vehemenz.aif
DR13 -0.67 dB -18.83 dB B1 Third Movement- Scherzo. Kraeftig, Nicht Zu Schnell.aif
DR16 -3.13 dB -25.47 dB C1 Fourth Movement- Adagietto. Sehr Langsam.aif
DR13 -0.55 dB -18.47 dB C2 Fifth Movement- Rondo-Finale. Allegro.aif
DR13 -0.67 dB -19.57 dB D Symphony No. 10 F Sharp Major – 1st Movement- Andante – Adagio.aif
Number of files: 6
Official DR value: DR13
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Große Vorstufe, Erste Frankfurter Röhrenmanufaktur (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
My rips are almost rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Super light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Download from FileFactory