Rubinstein recorded the Chopin Concertos numerous times. This version of Chopin’s first Concerto is the most successful of Rubinstein’s several versions, partly thanks to the sensitive accompaniment of the New London Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Stanislaw Skrowaczewski. Tempos are well-judged, phrasing is supple and natural, virtuosity is there, but not for its own sake. Since Rubinstein’s recordings are made so long ago, the recording quality certainly will not be as sophisticated as the present but if we can concentrate on his musicality, his beautiful tone color, performances that has virtuosity but the most important thing brought forward is making music, it is a joy and inspiring to listen to him being an artist and not simply a mechanic. There is no one “correct” way to interpret any piece of music, you just have to find the performance that you like the most but Rubinstein’s performances certainly rank right up there for many people. You don’t have to be musically educated to enjoy art, just listen, look, and react the way you feel. Enjoy!
Composer: Fryderyk Chopin
Performer: Artur Rubinstein
Orchestra: New Symphony Orchestra London
Conductor: Stanislaw Skrowaczewski
Number of Discs: 1
DR-Analysis: DR 13
Size: 773 MB
|Konzert Nr. 1 E-moll Op. 11 Für Klavier Und Orchester|
Analyzed Folder: /96k Chopin – Piano Concerto No. 1 – Rubinstein
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR12 -0.46 dB -17.76 dB A Piano Concerto No. 1 E-Minor – Allegro Maestoso.flac
DR14 -2.87 dB -23.06 dB B1 Piano Concerto No. 1 E-Minor – Romance.flac
DR12 -0.84 dB -17.27 dB B2 Piano Concerto No. 1 E-Minor – Rondo.flac
Number of Files: 3
Official DR Value: DR13
- Composed By – Fryderyk Chopin
- Conductor – Stanislaw Skrowaczewski
- Design [Gestaltung] – Axel Dehlsen
- Orchestra – New Symphony Orchestra Of London
- Photography By – RCA
- Piano – Artur Rubinstein
- Sleeve Notes – Eberhard Rebling
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Audio Research SP15 own tube phono section.
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Audio Research SP15
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX 5 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.18
- Very careful de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removed, never de-noising
- Wave 32/192(32/384) —> Flac 24/96(24/192): Twisted Wave 1.18
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciated.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !