Many thanks to our friend Jean-Luc for this beauty
The members of the Quartetto Italiano were together for so long that you can get a historic mono recording of the smae music on EMI. The Quartetto doesn’t try to sound airy, diaphanous, or particularly French. Instead, they give a presonal, uniquely phrased version that sounds as if each player is esponding from deep feelings about the music. That’s rare in performances of Debussy and Ravel, where the syle is more or less locked in. the miking is quite close, and although they lack the sheen of the Bertg Qt, the Quartetto Italiano deserves their reputaiton for making beautiful sounds.
Composer: Claude Debussy, Maurice Ravel
Performer: Quartetto Italiano
Number of Discs: 1
DR-Analysis: DR 14
Size: 1.08 GB
The Quartets of Debussy and Ravel are the most interesting french quartets. The work of Debussy is one exception in the composer production. Maybe here we have the only german structure this composer folowed. Maybe, the first movement is the only Sonata form we can find in all his production. The second movement is one scherzo, rare in the production of this composer. This quartet,that I love, is a very good work, but is one exception for Debussy.Ravel was more classic, and the F major quartet is more tipical of the composer.
This recording was made in 1965, and it is fantastic. The sonorities are very special, and if I love the way the LaSalle, The Tokio and the Parrenin plays these music, the Quartetto Italiano is by far my favourite.
|Debussy – String Quartet In G Minor|
|A1||Animé Et Très Décidé||6:23|
|A2||Scherzo (Assez Vif Et Bien Rhythmé)||3:55|
|A3||Andantino Doucement Expressif||8:36|
|A4||Très Modéré – Très Mouvementé – Très Animé||7:40|
|Ravel – String Quartet In F|
|B1||Allegro Moderato. Très Doux||8:33|
|B2||Assez Vif. Très Rhythmé||6:32|
|B4||Vif Et Agité||5:28|
Analyzed folder: /96k Debussy, Ravel – String Quartets – Quartetto Italiano
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR13 -1.10 dB -18.75 dB A1 Debussy – String Quartet In G Minor – Anime’ Et Tres Decide’.aif
DR14 -2.22 dB -21.19 dB A2 Debussy – String Quartet In G Minor – Scherzo (Assez Vif Et Bien Rhythme’).aif
DR15 -5.34 dB -25.87 dB A3 Debussy – String Quartet In G Minor – Andantino Doucement Expressif.aif
DR14 -1.05 dB -19.96 dB A4 Debussy – String Quartet In G Minor – Tres Modere’ – Tres Mouvemente’ – Tres Anime’.aif
DR14 -2.04 dB -21.03 dB B1 Ravel – String Quartet In F – Allegro Moderato. Tres Doux.aif
DR15 -2.06 dB -21.55 dB B2 Ravel – String Quartet In F – Assez Vif. Tres Rhythme’.aif
DR15 -3.24 dB -24.15 dB B3 Ravel – String Quartet In F – Tres Lent.aif
DR13 -0.60 dB -19.29 dB B4 Ravel – String Quartet In F – Vif Et Agite’.aif
Number of files: 8
Official DR value: DR14
- Cello – Franco Rossi
- Composed By – Claude Debussy (tracks: A1 to A4), Maurice Ravel (tracks: B1 to B4)
- Ensemble [String Quartet] – Quartetto Italiano
- Viola – Piero Farulli
- Violin [I] – Paolo Borciani
- Violin [Ii] – Elisa Pegreffi
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Große Vorstufe, Erste Frankfurter Röhrenmanufaktur (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
My rips are almost rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Super light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Download from FileFactory