Many thanks Trottar for this rarity
After much searching for the Romeo et Juliette of my dreams, I ended up back here, with the very first recording of this piece I owned, along with much of the rest of the original Colin Davis Berlioz cycle. While other recordings have in my mind and ear superceded much of the Davis survey (excepting the colossal Les Troyens, and the Te Deum), this recording holds my attention just as it did 45 years ago. The London Symphony Orchestra was at a peak of performance and sound back in the late sixties, and here Davis has them in complete control. The choir is the estimable John Alldis Choir, and for me are the best of the best on this recording. The soloists are uniformly first class British singers from the era, and a special kudo to Robert Tear for sounding so French! In sum, there are other admirable recordings of this work, but for me this is the best, the definitive one.
Composer: Hector Berlioz
Performer: John Shirley-Quirk, Patricia Kern, Robert Tear
Orchestra: London Symphony Orchestra
Conductor: Sir Colin Davis
Number of Discs: 2
DR-Analysis: DR 15
Size: 1.89 GB
Analyzed folder: /96k Berlioz – Romeo Et Juliette – Colin Davis
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR16 -0.63 dB -23.42 dB sideA.aif
DR16 -0.71 dB -23.85 dB sideB.aif
DR17 -0.63 dB -24.72 dB sideC.aif
DR12 -0.70 dB -18.93 dB sideD.aif
Number of files: 4
Official DR value: DR15
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Audio Research SP15 own tube phono section.
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Audio Research SP15
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Super light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Download from FileFactory