Reposted, now with FF links
# Composer: Richard Wagner
# Performer: Theo Adam, Birgit Nilsson, Helga Dernesch, Dorothea Siebert, Anja Silja,
Annelies Burmeister, Ruth Hesse, Vera Soukupová, Hermin Esser,
Erwin Wohlfahrt, Martti Talvela, Kurt Böhme, Gustav Neidlinger,
Gerd Nienstedt, Wolfgang Windgassen, Liane Synek, Gertraud Hopf,
Elisabeth Schärtel, James King, Sieglinde Wagner, Leonie Rysanek,
Sona Cervena, Danica Mastilovic, Erika Köth, Marga Höffgen,
Josef Greindl, Martha Mödl, Ludmila Dvoráková, Thomas Stewart
# Orchestra: Bayreuth Festival Orchestra
# Conductor: Karl Böhm
# Vinyls (1966/67)
# Number of Discs: 4
# Format: Flac
# Label: Philips
# DR-Analysis: DR 17
# ASIN CD: B000025ESY
# Size: 4.52 GB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FF
Siegfried is the third of the four operas that comprise Der Ring des Nibelungen (The Ring of the Nibelung), by Richard Wagner. It received its premiere at the Bayreuth Festspielhaus on 16 August 1876, as part of the first complete performance of The Ring. This part of the opera is primarily inspired by the story of the legendary hero Sigurd in Norse mythology.
It took Wagner more than 15 years to write this opera which is one reason why the music of Act Three is slightly different in style. Some ideas from the love music of Siegfried and Brünnhilde were later re-used by Wagner in a separate orchestral piece, called the Siegfried Idyll. Many of the leitmotifs (musical ideas that belong to particular characters or ideas) are ones that were heard in the Das Rheingold or Die Walküre. One unusual instrument in the orchestra is the anvil. It is played when Mime, and later Siegfried, are hammering on the anvil trying to forge the pieces of the sword together. The rhythm of this music is the same rhythm heard earlier in the Nibelung scene in Das Rheingold.
When Wagner started working on the opera he called it Der junge Siegfried (The young Siegfried) but by 1856 he had changed the title to Siegfried.
The German word “Sieg” means “victory” and “Fried” or “Friede” means “peace”. It is a good name for a hero. The role of Siegfried is sung by a tenor. The singer needs a very strong voice, often called a “Heldentenor” in German (a “heroic tenor”). He is on stage for most of the opera which lasts about four hours. (Wikipedia)
Analyzed folder: /Users/alfredo/Desktop/ HiResMusic/96k Wagner Ring/96k Wagner Ring Boehm/3 Siegfried Boehm
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR21 -0.03 dB -25.88 dB Siegfried Boehm – SideA.wav
DR20 -0.10 dB -24.90 dB Siegfried Boehm – SideB.wav
DR18 -0.20 dB -22.72 dB Siegfried Boehm – SideC.wav
DR16 -0.46 dB -21.91 dB Siegfried Boehm – SideD.wav
DR18 -0.10 dB -24.34 dB Siegfried Boehm – SideE.wav
DR15 -0.19 dB -20.99 dB Siegfried Boehm – SideF.wav
DR16 -0.23 dB -23.54 dB Siegfried Boehm – SideG.wav
DR14 -0.41 dB -19.36 dB Siegfried Boehm – SideH.wav
Number of files: 8
Official DR value: DR17
- Performer: Theo Adam, Birgit Nilsson, Helga Dernesch, Dorothea Siebert, Anja Silja, Annelies Burmeister, Ruth Hesse, Vera Soukupová, Hermin Esser, Erwin Wohlfahrt, Martti Talvela, Kurt Böhme, Gustav Neidlinger, Gerd Nienstedt, Wolfgang Windgassen, Liane Synek, Gertraud Hopf, Elisabeth Schärtel, James King, Sieglinde Wagner, Leonie Rysanek, Sona Cervena, Danica Mastilovic, Erika Köth, Marga Höffgen, Josef Greindl, Martha Mödl, Ludmila Dvoráková, Thomas Stewart
- Orchestra: Bayreuth Festival Orchestra
- Conductor: Karl Böhm
- RCM: Okki Nokki
- TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II
- System: Special Edition Denon DL 103
- Phono stage: Pro-Ject Phono Box II
- Pre Amp: Unison Research Unico Pre (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Light de-Clicking with ClickRepair, significant clicks manually removing, no De-Noising
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music. Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate. I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !