Many thanks to our friend Jean-Luc for this gem
These recordings were, for many years, considered to be among the best available. This is delightful old-style Mozart (meaning not period instrument) played beautifully and with character by the artists. Arthur Grumiaux’s aristocratic style really shines through here. He does not follow the more romantic style that seems to be very popular these days (check out Perlman and Mutter’s recordings) and instead presents the music as it is intended to be. Some people may be turned off by this approach to the music, though, for it makes the music sound somewhat less impressive and perhaps slightly more dry. Nevertheless, Mozart’s elegant melodies really sing via Grumiaux’s treatment of the music. This is pure “Grandezza”.
Composer: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Performer: Arthur Grumiaux
Orchestra: London Symphony Orchestra
Conductor: Sir Colin Davis
Number of Discs: 1
DR-Analysis: DR 13
Size: 802 MB
|Violin Concerto No. 1 In B Flat Major, K. 207|
|Violin Concerto No. 4 In D Major, K. 218|
|B3||Rondeau (Andante Grazioso)|
Analyzed folder: /96k WAM – Violin Concertos No.1, No.4 – Arthur Grumiaux
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR12 -1.60 dB -18.40 dB A1 Violin Concerto No. 1 In B Flat Major, K. 207 – Allegro Moderato.aif
DR13 -2.85 dB -20.65 dB A2 Violin Concerto No. 1 In B Flat Major, K. 207 – Adagio.aif
DR13 -0.61 dB -18.42 dB A3 Violin Concerto No. 1 In B Flat Major, K. 207 – Presto.aif
DR14 -0.54 dB -19.32 dB B1 Violin Concerto No. 4 In D Major, K. 218 – Allegro.aif
DR13 -1.74 dB -20.18 dB B2 Violin Concerto No. 4 In D Major, K. 218 – Andante Cantabile.aif
DR14 -1.22 dB -20.00 dB B3 Violin Concerto No. 4 In D Major, K. 218 – Rondeau (Andante Grazioso).aif
Number of files: 6
Official DR value: DR13
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Audio Research SP15 own tube phono section.
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Audio Research SP15
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Super light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Download from FileFactory