By 1958 Lanza’s lirico spinto tenor had darkened significantly, acquiring a baritonal richness in its middle and lower registers, while still retaining the celebrated top notes for which he was justly famous. On his best days, he was also a more sensitive singer than he had sometimes been in his Hollywood period.
Mario’s singing is generally excellent, especially when you take into account he was to die so soon after recording this.
All the tracks are in stereo, but all is not well with their sound. All the Mario Living Stereo recordings seem to suffer from distortion and edgy sound particularly with Mario’s voice when he sings loudly, which is quite often.
Composer: Many different
Performer: Mario Lanza
Number of Discs: 1
DR-Analysis: DR 10
Size: 792 MB
|A1||Vieni Sul Mar||2:24|
|B2||L’alba Separa Dalla Luce L’ombra||3:03|
|B3||Pour Un Baiser||2:13|
|B4||La Mia Canzone||3:11|
Analyzed folder: /96k Mario Lanza Sings Caruso Favourites
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR10 -1.16 dB -14.45 dB A1 Vieni Sul Mar.aif
DR11 -1.70 dB -16.14 dB A2 Senza Nisciuno.aif
DR10 -0.58 dB -14.16 dB A3 Musica Probita.aif
DR11 -1.44 dB -16.14 dB A4 Vaghissima Sembianza.aif
DR10 -0.90 dB -15.49 dB A5 Serenata.aif
DR11 -0.40 dB -14.91 dB A6 Lolita.aif
DR10 -2.60 dB -17.18 dB B1 Luna D’estate.aif
DR10 -1.38 dB -14.96 dB B2 L’alba Separa Dalla Luce L’ombra.aif
DR11 -0.89 dB -16.88 dB B3 Pour Un Baiser.aif
DR10 -1.00 dB -14.73 dB B4 La Mia Canzone.aif
DR11 -1.46 dB -17.21 dB B5 Ideale.aif
DR11 -0.81 dB -15.33 dB B6 Santa Lucia.aif
Number of files: 12
Official DR value: DR10
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Große Vorstufe, Erste Frankfurter Röhrenmanufaktur (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
My rips are almost rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Super light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Download from FileFactory