Reposted, now with FF links
# Composer: Bedrich Smetana
# Orchestra: Czech Philarmonic Orchestra
# Conductor: Karel Ancerl
# Vinyls (1965)
# Number of Discs: 2
# Format: Flac
# Label: Supraphon
# DR-Analysis: DR 13
# ASIN CD: B00000358P
# Size: 1.48 GB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
Karel Ancerl (1908-73) was one of the greatest of all Czech conductors. He always reminds me of a Fritz Reiner with more heart and a wider range of sympathies. Sadly, Ancerl was no stranger to tragedy: his entire family perished in concentration camps during World War II, and Ancerl’s own imprisonment led to impaired health and a premature death.This “Ma Vlast” is one of the great studio accounts.
“Ma Vlast” is a masterpiece of romantic nationalism. From the very opening of “Vysehrad,” with the bard strumming his harp, this music casts a unique spell. “Moldau,” the best known piece by Smetana, is one of the greatest tone poems of descriptive music ever composed. I feel that “From Bohemia’s Woods and Meadows” is the real heart of the cycle – not even Dvorak wrote anything that so captures the rustic beauty of the Czech countryside. And I love the way Smetana starts “Blanik” as a continuation of where the preceding “Tabor” leaves off – Beethoven used that same technique in his 8th Symphony.
Analyzed folder: 96kBeSm_MaV_Anc/96k Smetana – Ma Vlast – Ancerl
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR14 -0.67 dB -20.72 dB A Vysehrad.wav
DR13 -1.50 dB -20.49 dB B1 Die Moldau.wav
DR14 -1.00 dB -20.50 dB B2 Sarka.wav
DR13 -2.49 dB -21.28 dB C1 Aus Böhmens Hain und Flur.wav
DR13 -0.76 dB -19.77 dB C2 Tabor.wav
DR13 -0.45 dB -19.06 dB D Blanik.wav
Number of files: 6
Official DR value: DR13
- RCM: Okki Nokki
- TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II
- System: Special Edition Denon DL 103
- Phono stage: Pro-Ject Phono Box II
- Pre Amp: Unison Research Unico Pre (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Light de-Clicking with ClickRepair, significant clicks manually removing, no De-Noising
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music. Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate. I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory