Many thanks to Budachris for this fine rarity
It’s in Italian, so what? This is truly a magical performance, despite murky sound and being sung in Italian translation. Olivero embodies the role, her singing of the final lullaby will simply break your heart in two. Polari sings Andrei exquisitely. Christoff brings Slavic accents to his Italian portrayal of Kotchubey, entirely appropriate. What a joy to hear any bass role sung by such a voice! Bastiannini in the title role is his usual splendid self. Alas, the usual Italian 50s live-on-stage mono sound.
Adequately clear. But WHAT A PERFORMANCE!
Composer: Peter Tchaikowsky
Performer: Magda Olivero, Boris Christoff, Ettore Bastianini
Orchestra: Orchestra del Teatro Comunale di Firenze
Conductor: Jonel Perlea
Vinyl 1954 (1977)
Number of Discs: 3
DR-Analysis: DR 13
Size: 1.51 GB
Analyzed folder: /96k(M) Tchaikowsky – Mazeppa – Olivero
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR12 -0.72 dB -18.34 dB sideA.aif
DR14 -0.29 dB -19.37 dB sideB.aif
DR13 -0.39 dB -19.64 dB sideC.aif
DR14 -0.42 dB -20.47 dB sideD.aif
DR11 -0.53 dB -17.62 dB sideE.aif
DR14 -0.24 dB -20.29 dB sideF.aif
Number of files: 6
Official DR value: DR13
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Audio Research SP15 own tube phono section.
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Audio Research SP15
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
A few words about the way i’ve been cleaning vinyl records and post-processing rips, since summer 2017: After washing and recording the vinyl, I use a kind of mixed cleaning of the rip, which consists of mostly manual rather than automatic de-clicking, (the latter only on unimportant passages, such as end of the groove, beginning and end of the songs, applause, speaking). I often leave the rips almost rough, de-clicking only the silences between the tracks. Never de-noising or/and EQ, as unfortunately some do. I prefer to hear a bit of quiet noises of the clean groove, that contain something of the music, rather than generate clinically clean files that may, eventually, sound a bit dead. If you do not agree, do not download my rips and buy instead digital files or CDs.
When I listen to music I “don’t hear” any noise: I enjoy the music 😀
I do not make rips for headphones!
- Software: iZotope RX 5 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.18
- Very careful de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removed, never de-noising
- Wave 32/192(32/384) —> Flac 24/96 & 24/192: Twisted Wave 1.18
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciated.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !