Wonderful original 1st pressing from 1953 in stunning shape and 215 Gramm 😀
Edouard Lalo’s Symphonie Espagnole was considered fluff until recently, when the new generation of violinists began to champion it. The work was written in 1874 for violinist Pablo Sarasate, and premiered in Paris in February 1875. Although called a “Spanish Symphony”, it is considered a violin concerto by musicians today. The piece has Spanish motifs throughout, and launched a period when Spanish-themed music came into vogue.
Alfredo Campoli (20 October 1906 – 27 March 1991) was an Italian-born British violinist, often known simply as Campoli. He was noted for the beauty of the tone he produced from the violin. Campoli spent his childhood and much of his career in England.
More about Alfredo Campoli on Wikipedia.
Composer: Edouard Lalo
Performer: Alfredo Campoli
Orchestra: London Philharmonic Orchestra
Conductor: Eduard van Beinum
Number of Discs: 1
DR-Analysis: DR 16
Size: 322 MB
|A1||First Movement: Allegro Non Troppo|
|A2||Second Movement: Scherzando|
|A3||Third Movement: Intermezzo|
|B1||Fourth Movement: Andante|
|B2||Fifth Movement: Rondo Allegro|
Analyzed folder: /96k(Mono) Lalo – Symphonie Espagnole – Campoli
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR13 -0.76 dB -19.65 dB A1 Symphonie Espagnole In D Minor, Op. 21 – 1, Allegro Non Troppo.aif
DR18 -0.47 dB -24.48 dB A2 Symphonie Espagnole In D Minor, Op. 21 – 2, Scherzando. Allegro Molto.aif
DR16 -1.10 dB -22.01 dB A3 Symphonie Espagnole In D Minor, Op. 21 – 3, Intermezzo. Allegretto Non Troppo.aif
DR14 -1.20 dB -20.82 dB B1 Symphonie Espagnole In D Minor, Op. 21 – 4, Andante.aif
DR17 -0.62 dB -23.10 dB B2 Symphonie Espagnole In D Minor, Op. 21 – 5, Rondo. Allegro.aif
Number of files: 5
Official DR value: DR16
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Audio Research SP15 own tube phono section.
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Audio Research SP15
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Super light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.