Audiophile factor: High!
Reposted, now with FF Links
# Composer: Nikolaj Rimsky-Korsakov, Alexander Glazunov
# Orchestra: Scottish National Orchestra
# Conductor: Neeme Jarvi
# Vinyl (1992)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: Chandos
# DR-Analysis: DR 15
# ASIN: B000000AEU
# Size: 1.17 GB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
Very accurate well done recording of great entertainment enjoyment to all I have shared it with. The detail, power and timbre leave nothing to be desired.
What distinguishes this performance from some of the other prominent ones is a wonderful subtlety in shifting between high-volume dramatic sections and quieter themes. In part, this stems from an overall style that seems more meditative and “lingering” than I ‘ve heard on other recordings–a Grammaphone review described it as “spaciousness”–and a style that carries into the very competent oboe and violin solos, as well.
|Scheherazade, Symphonic Suite For Orchestra, Op. 35|
|A1||1. The Sea And Sinbad’s Ship||10:18|
|A2||2. The Story Of The Kalender Prince||12:12|
|A3||3. The Young Prince And The Young Princess||10:53|
|B1||4. Festival Of Bagdad_The Sea_The Ship Goes To Pieces On A Rock Surmounted By A Bronze Warrior_Conclusion||12:06|
|B3||Glazunov – Stenka Razin (Symphonic Poem)||15:08|
Analyzed folder: /Volumes/HDMUSIC/ Work on HiResMusic/96kRiKo_Sch_Jae/96k Rimsky-Korsakov – Scheherazade – Jaervi
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR13 -2.73 dB -21.37 dB A1 The Sea And Sinbad’s Ship.wav
DR16 -1.80 dB -24.68 dB A2 The Story Of The Kalender Prince.wav
DR18 -2.46 dB -27.64 dB B1 The Young Prince And The Young Princess.wav
DR14 -1.14 dB -20.55 dB B3 Glazunov – Stenka Razin (Symphonic Poem).wav
DR14 -0.63 dB -20.97 dB B2 Festival Of Bagdad_The Sea_The Ship Goes To Pieces On A Rock Surmounted By A Bronze Warrior (Shipwreck)_Conclusion.wav
Number of files: 5
Official DR value: DR15
- RCM: Okki Nokki
- TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II
- System: Limited Edition Denon DL 103 SA
- Phono stage: Pro-Ject Phono Box II
- Pre Amp: Unison Research Unico Pre (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Light de-Clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no De-Noising
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music. Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate. I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory