R.I.P. Maestro, we will miss you!
# Composer: Georg Friedrich Händel
# Performer: Patrizia Kwela, Emma Kirby, Carolyn Watkinson, Ian Patridge, David Thomas
# Orchestra: The Academy of Ancient Music
# Conductor: Christopher Hogwood
# Vinyl (1982)
# Number of Discs: 3
# Format: Flac
# Label: Decca
# DR-Analysis: DR 15
# ASIN CD: B0009A41VK (only 8 CD-Box-set)
# Size: 2.02 GB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
Differing from other oratorios, Resurrection is sung in Italian, and consists entirely of soloist and ensemble singing. No chorus here. The story line follows events from Good Friday until Easter Sunday, from the viewpoint of Satan, Mary Magdalene, and St. John. The performances are stellar. But what distinguishes this work is the number of “pop” tunes throughout the work. This is gorgeous songwriting on the part of the composer. I hate to compare, but of the baroque era composers, no one could top Händel and Vivaldi at coming up with crowd pleasing tunes. Yes, they both died poor and fell out of fashion, as good pop tunesmiths tend to do. But the songwriting makes this work is a joy to listen to. And again, David Thomas as Lucifer just steals the show. He is powerful, brilliantly precise, and executes those Baroque runs to perfection without losing the emotion and the drama of the role he is performing. Even though she doesn’t have a starring role her, contralto Carolyn Watkinson turns in wonderful performances as well.
Analyzed folder: /96kGFH_Res/96k Händel Resurrezione
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR15 -0.76 dB -20.98 dB sideA.wav
DR15 -1.98 dB -21.47 dB sideB.wav
DR16 -1.44 dB -22.51 dB sideC.wav
DR15 -1.49 dB -20.92 dB sideD.wav
DR15 -1.96 dB -21.77 dB sideE.wav
DR16 -1.84 dB -23.14 dB sideF.wav
Number of files: 6
Official DR value: DR15
- RCM: Okki Nokki
- TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II
- System: Special Edition Denon DL 103
- Phono stage: Pro-Ject Phono Box II
- Pre Amp: Unison Research Unico Pre (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Light de-Clicking with ClickRepair, significant clicks manually removing, no De-Noising
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music. Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate. I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !