Ladies & Gentlemen, enjoy a great (but what a pity, never considered a great one) tenor, among the other great tenors of his time – Alfredo Kraus
Reposted, now with FF links
# Composer: Gaetano Donizetti
# Performer: Edita Gruberova, Alfredo Kraus, Renato Bruson, Robert Lloyd
# Orchestra: Royal Philarmonic Orchestra
# Conductor: Nicola Rescigno
# Vinyls (1983)
# Number of Discs: 3
# Format: Flac
# Label: EMI
# DR-Analysis: DR 13
# ASIN CD: B00000DOC6
# Size: 2.74 GB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
If Lucia di Lammermoor is one of your favorites, this is a recording you will treasure.
I’ve heard better orchestras, and it’s hard to beat the drama when you watch an opera live, or even on a DVD. But this one is great because Lucia performances succeed chiefly on who plays Lucia and Edgardo.
Edgardo here is Alfredo Kraus who brings a combination of passion and perhaps the clearest, honest, most believable Edgardo you will ever hear.
Lucia is Edita Gruberova who sings as close to perfection as woman or man has ever come. She sings all the difficult sections with ease, precision, and at times, ornamentation that seem almost beyond human capabilities. Occasionally people remark to Gruberova that it must be wonderful to have been born with such a gifted voice. Although she replies with a polite “Thank you so much,” she has explained many times that she has worked hard all her life–that the voice must be exercised and conquered through hours of practice every day to make it the wonderful tool that we hear in this recording.
Analyzed folder: /96kGD_Luci_GrubKra/96k Donizetti – Lucia Di Lammermoor – Gruberova
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR13 -1.14 dB -19.42 dB SideA.wav
DR14 -0.94 dB -19.64 dB SideB.wav
DR12 -1.61 dB -19.10 dB SideC.wav
DR12 -1.14 dB -18.23 dB SideD.wav
DR13 -1.16 dB -19.72 dB SideE.wav
DR15 -1.65 dB -22.62 dB SideF.wav
Number of files: 6
Official DR value: DR13
- RCM: Okki Nokki
- TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II
- System: Limited Edition Denon DL 103 SA
- Phono stage: Pro-Ject Phono Box II
- Pre Amp: Unison Research Unico Pre (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Light de-Clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no De-Noising
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music. Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate. I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory