Reposted – now with FF links
George Solti had a long and illustrious tenure with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, and many of his recordings were definitive. For example his Mahler’s and Beethoven’s Symphonies are ranked by many including me as some of the very best ever recorded. Some critics have faulted Solti’s interpretation of this work for its headlong tempos. They do take some getting used to if your paradigm is Karajan or Kempe; but if you have sometimes found this work rather long-winded, a quick sprint to the summit and back may prove more enjoyable than a moderate trudge. Solti lingers enough to evoke atmosphere, even if he’s more interested in conveying the evanescent dramatic tensions that course through this work. The more I hear it, the more I like Solti’s approach, though I realize that it might not be for everyone. If you’ve never heard the work before, rest assured that there is never a dull moment in Solti’s version.
# Composer: Richard Strauss
# Orchestra: Sinfonie-Orchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks
# Conductor: Sir Georg Solti
# Vinyl (1980)
# Number of discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: Decca
DR-Analysis: DR 15
# Size: 858 MB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
Analyzed folder: /96k Strauss – Alpensinfonie – Solti
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR15 -0.77 dB -21.18 dB A Strauss – Alpensinfonie – Solti – Part 1.wav
DR14 -1.18 dB -21.70 dB B Strauss – Alpensinfonie – Solti – Part 2.wav
Number of files: 2
Official DR value: DR15
- RCM: Okki Nokki
- TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II + Special Edition Denon DL 103 -> Pro-Ject Phono Box II
- Pre Amp: Unison Research Unico Pre (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5 -> Wave 32 bit/96 kHz
- Light de-Clicking with ClickRepair, significant clicks manually removing, no De-Noising
You hear some clicks and pops here and there?
I better let some light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
- Converting Wave 32bit/96kHz -> Flac 24bit/96kHz: Twisted Wave
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory