Reposted, now with FF links
Although there are more recent recordings of this beautiful opera, this one dating back to the 60’s is a true joy to hear.
# Composer: Camille Saint-Saens
# Performer: Rita Görr, Jon Vickers, Ernest Blanc
# Orchestra: Orchestre du Théatre National de l’Opéra
# Conductor: Georges Prètre
# Vinyl (1963)
# Number of discs: 3
# Format: Flac
# Label: Angel (EMI)
# DR-Analysis: DR 12
# ASIN CD: B00005NW0A
# Size: 2.35 GB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
The opera about the Biblical tragic hero Samson and his seduction by Delilah is best portrayed by the heroic tenor Jon Vickers, one of the best Siegmunds ever to grace operatic stage, and Rita Gorr, a mezzo-soprano who as lately as last year was still around performing.
Vickers sung a most affecting and tragic Samson, heroic in the earlier Acts and devastatingly tragic from Act 2 Scene 3 onwards.
Rita Gorr has a rich and velvety mezzo-soprano voice that is seductive as well as powerful, both elements being vital for the role of Dalila. While the later recording by Olga Borodina boasts of an equally beautiful mezzo voice, in terms of power she still has some length to go compared with Rita Gorr’s.
The choir and the orchestra gave very splendid performances here. Much credit goes to conductor Georges Pretre. Certainly, Ernest Blanc as Le Grande Pretre du Dagon is another reason for getting this.
Analyzed folder: /96kCSS_SaAndDa_VickGo/96k Saint-Saens – Samson And Dalilah – Vickers-Goerr
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR11 -2.89 dB -17.78 dB side1.wav
DR13 -2.50 dB -20.22 dB side2.wav
DR12 -2.18 dB -19.79 dB side3.wav
DR12 -2.99 dB -19.33 dB side4.wav
DR12 -2.37 dB -19.39 dB side5.wav
DR12 -1.24 dB -17.62 dB side6.wav
Number of files: 6
Official DR value: DR12
- RCM: Okki Nokki
- TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II
- Cartridge: Limited Edition Denon DL103 SA
- Phono stage: Pro-Ject Phono Box II
- Pre Amp: Unison Research Unico Pre (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Light de-Clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no De-Noising
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music. Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate. I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory