Reposted, now with FF links
This is the evidence of how the sound engineers of the old “golden” era used to work.
This recording blows you away and finally you will know, what “audiophile” means.
# Composer: Sergeji Prokofiev
# Orchestra: Kansas City Philarmonic Orchestra
# Conductor: Hans Schwieger
# Vinyl (1959/2001)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: Cisco
# DR-Analysis: DR 12
# ASIN SACD: Never on CD
# Size: 724 MB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
This is a records of sensational “firsts”: The first recording of the Kansas Philarmonic Orchestra; the first of it’s Conductor, Hans Schwieger; and the first of Prokofiev’s “Symphonic Suite of Waltzes”. This recording also features excerpts from Prokofiev’s “A Tale of the Stone Flower” Ballet, based on the Russian folk legend and a fairly recent addition to the Bolshoi repertoire.
“Symphonic Suite of Waltzes” had its American premiere in Kansas on December 2, 1958.
Prokofiev is the most-often performed 20th Century Russian composer in the USA and second only to Tchaikowsky for all time honors. The set of six waltzes, which he culled from a number of earlier works, show that the master of provocative rhythm, scintilling humor and frank parody has yielded to the charm of three-quarter time, revealing an almost unsuspected gift for simply lyricism and the unadorned melodic line.
|Side 1 ~ Symphonic Suite Of Waltzes|
|2||Cinderella At The Castle||5:00|
|4||The End Of The Tale||4:00|
|Side 2 ~ Symphonic Suite Of Waltzes (Cont.)|
|1||New Year’s Ball||5:14|
|3||Gypsy Fantasy Introduction, Gypsy Dance, Severin’s Dance, Dance Of The Gypsy Girl, Mass Dance||7:36|
Analyzed folder: /96kSerPro_Waltz_Cis/96k Prokofiev – Symphonic Suite Of Waltzes
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR12 -0.99 dB -18.73 dB A1 The Meeting.wav
DR11 -1.51 dB -18.52 dB A2 Cinderella At The Castle.wav
DR13 -1.36 dB -17.91 dB A3 Mephisto Waltz.wav
DR14 -1.32 dB -19.53 dB A4 The End Of The Tale.wav
DR12 -0.53 dB -17.94 dB B1 New Year’s Ball.wav
DR11 -1.33 dB -15.11 dB B2 Happy Ending.wav
DR12 -0.58 dB -16.81 dB B3 Gypsy Fantasy.wav
Number of files: 7
Official DR value: DR12
Rip is from December 2010
- Conductor – Hans Schwieger
- Engineer – Joseph Zitz
- Liner Notes – Ann Lingg
- Mastered By – Kevin Gray
- Producer – Robert Pincus, Robert Sliger
- Producer [Original Recording] – Thom Frost
- RCM: Okki Nokki
- TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II
- Cartridge: Limited Edition Denon DL103 SA
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box II
- Pre Amp: Unison Research Unico Pre (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Light de-Clicking with iZotopes, significant clicks manually removing, no De-Noising
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music. Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate. I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory