Reposted – now with FF links
# Composer: Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov
# Orchestra: Royal Philarmonic Orchestra
# Conductor: Sir Thomas Beecham
# Vinyl (1961)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: EMI
# DR-Analysis: DR 15
# ASIN CD: B00000IOBM
# Size: 877 MB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
If you like Rimsky-Korsakov, then take this recording of his Scheherazade, and let your mind range through the 1001 Arabian Nights as in a dream with Sir Thomas Beecham as your guide.
It is hard to believe that in rank of sales, this wonderful recording of Scheherazade ranks 65th out of 86. Beecham’s recording of Scheherazade has not been out of print ever since it was first released in 1958. It is quite simply by far one of the few best recording of Rimsky-Korsakov’s finest work. The sound quality of the recording is excellent. The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra plays fabulously well, and Beecham brings out all of the mystery, sensuality and barbarism that used to be associated with the Orient. The notes that come with the recording describe it best: “extraordinarily charismatic”. It is not an exaggeration. No one does the violin solos better than concertmaster Steven Staryk, and Jack Brymer’s clarinet solos are also brillant. This recording will rise to the top of the charts again.
Analyzed folder: /Volumes/HDMUSIC/ Work on HiResMusic/ Geladen aber nicht Online/96kNRK_Sche_Beec/96k Rimsky-Korsakov – Scheherazade – Beecham
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR15 -0.89 dB -21.95 dB A2 The Story Of The Kalender Prince.wav
DR14 -1.07 dB -21.11 dB A1 The Sea And Sinbad’s Ship.wav
DR17 -1.07 dB -24.56 dB B1 The Young Prince And The Young Princess.wav
DR14 -0.25 dB -19.90 dB B2 Festival Of Bagdad_The Sea_The Ship Goes To Pieces On A Rock Surmounted By A Bronze Warrior (Shipwreck)_Conclusion.wav
Number of files: 4
Official DR value: DR15
- RCM: Okki Nokki
- TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II
- System: Special Edition Denon DL 103
- Phono stage: Pro-Ject Phono Box II
- Pre Amp: Unison Research Unico Pre (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Light de-Clicking with ClickRepair, significant clicks manually removing, no De-Noising
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music. Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate. I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory