Ladies & gentlemen: simply, the greatest opera singer of all times – Mario Del Monaco
Stop looking for “I Pagliacci” – this is the best and will be the best for the next 1000 years
Reposted, now with FF links
# Composer: Ruggiero Leoncavallo
# Performer: Gabriella Tucci, Mario Del Monaco, Cornell Mac Neil
# Orchestra: Orchestra of the Accademia di Santa Cecilia
# Conductor: Francesco Molinari-Pradelli
# Vinyl (1960)
# Number of Discs: 1.5
# Format: Flac
# Label: Decca
# DR-Analysis: DR 14
# ASIN CD: B000026FUW
# Size: 1.33 GB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
This is the first I Pagliacci I ever owned. To hear the prologue as sung by Cornell MacNeil sets the standard for the rest of the recording. Mario Del Monaco was a titan after the war. Gabriella Tucci was just at the beginning of her wonderful career. A set to treasure, indeed!
Del Monaco sang I Pagliacci up until his last years. His “Vesti la Giubba” is the definitive account (yes, including his OTT sobs) It’s terrific. His “No Pagiaccio non sono” will crack your ceiling. I love it. The bonus is the wonderful singing of the great Cornell MacNeil as Tonio and Piero di Palma as a sweet-voiced Beppe. Tucci is not Tebaldi or Callas but she has an attractive voice. The sound is Decca at their best.
Analyzed folder: /96kRuLeo_Pag_MDM/96k Leoncavallo – I Pagliacci – Del Monaco
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR14 -1.24 dB -20.28 dB sideA.wav
DR15 -1.29 dB -21.95 dB sideB.wav
DR13 -1.19 dB -20.10 dB sideC.wav
Number of files: 3
Official DR value: DR14
- RCM: Okki Nokki
- TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II
- System: Special Edition Denon DL 103
- Phono stage: Pro-Ject Phono Box II
- Pre Amp: Unison Research Unico Pre (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Light de-Clicking with ClickRepair, significant clicks manually removing, no De-Noising
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music. Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate. I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory