Ladies & gentlemen: simply, the greatest opera singer of all times – Mario Del Monaco
Reposted, now with FF links
# Composer: Pietro Mascagni
# Performer: Giulietta Simionato, Mario Del Monaco, Cornell Mac Neil
# Orchestra: Orchestra of the Accademia di Santa Cecilia
# Conductor: Tullio Serafin
# Vinyl (1960)
# Number of Discs: 1.5
# Format: Flac
# Label: London (Decca)
# DR-Analysis: DR 13
# ASIN CD: B000026FUW
# Size: 1.38 GB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
Think of it as a museum piece – going back to a time when tenors produced a masculine testosterone-filled sound.
The great Giulietta Simionato as Santuzza with Del Monaco and MacNeil. It’s just GREAT stuff.
Giulietta Simionata is a fine Santuzza, at times pleading, nagging, bitchy, and pathetic…and you can’t help but feel for her. Mario Del Monaco, not always appreciated because he was a “big” voice without a lot of restraint, is very moving as Turridu. The aria where Santuzza begs Turridu to stay with her is full of climaxes, and Turridu’s farewell song to his mother when he knows he is going off to die is chilling. The orchestra and conducting is flawless. Serafin keeps the orchestra almost tense at times, the tempo is unhurried but not lanquid, and it creates an edginess that many more modern performances lack.
Analyzed folder: /96kPiMas_CaRus_Sim_MDM/96k Mascagni – Cavalleria Rusticana – Simionato-Del Monaco
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR15 -1.10 dB -22.05 dB sideA.wav
DR11 -0.75 dB -17.85 dB sideB.wav
DR14 -1.62 dB -21.17 dB sideC.wav
Number of files: 3
Official DR value: DR13
- RCM: Okki Nokki
- TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II
- System: Special Edition Denon DL 103
- Phono stage: Pro-Ject Phono Box II
- Pre Amp: Unison Research Unico Pre (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Light de-Clicking with ClickRepair, significant clicks manually removing, no De-Noising
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music. Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate. I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory