Reposted, now with FF links
# Composer: Nikolaj Rimsky-Korsakov
# Orchestra: Orchestre Symphonique de Montreal
# Conductor: Charles Dutoit
# Vinyl (1984)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac (tracks)
# Label: London (Decca)
# DR-Analysis: DR 15
# ASIN: B00000E2N1
# Size: 1.2 GB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
I have several recordings of Scheherazade from various orchestras and various years (60’s, 70’s, etc). This is one of my two or three favorite versions; Dutoit and the Montreal Symphony Orchestra just really capture the feeling of the music.
The subtle, coloristic and imaginative interpretation perfects the setting: a music story about serene, other horrifying, stories being told by beautiful Scheherazade. Unlike in some other interpreatations (especially Reiner’s) that focus on the stories themselves and overpower the voice of Scheherazade, in this one her presence can be felt and her voice heard.
|Scheherazade, Symphonic Suite For Orchestra, Op. 35|
|A1||1. The Sea And Sinbad’s Ship||10:29|
|A2||2. The Story Of The Kalender Prince||11:31|
|A3||3. The Young Prince And The Young Princess||10:34|
|B1||4. Festival Of Bagdad_The Sea_The Ship Goes To Pieces On A Rock Surmounted By A Bronze Warrior_Conclusion||12:24|
|B2||Capriccio Espagnol (Symphonic Poem), For Orchestra, Op. 34||15:49|
Analyzed folder: /Volumes/HDMUSIC/ Work on HiResMusic/96kRiKo_Sch_Dut/96k Rimsky-Korsakov – Scheherazade – Dutoit
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR13 -2.59 dB -21.75 dB A1 The Sea And Sinbad’s Ship.wav
DR16 -2.34 dB -24.73 dB A2 The Story Of The Kalender Prince.wav
DR17 -4.45 dB -27.73 dB A3 The Young Prince And The Young Princess.wav
DR13 -2.08 dB -20.80 dB B1 Festival Of Bagdad_The Sea_The Ship Goes To Pieces On A Rock Surmounted By A Bronze Warrior (Shipwreck)_Conclusion.wav
DR15 -0.91 dB -21.15 dB B2 Capriccio Espagnol (Symphonic Poem).wav
Number of files: 5
Official DR value: DR15
- RCM: Okki Nokki
- TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II
- System: Limited Edition Denon DL 103 SA
- Phono stage: Pro-Ject Phono Box II
- Pre Amp: Unison Research Unico Pre (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Light de-Clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no De-Noising
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music. Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate. I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory