A great “THANK YOU” to Bob for this rarity
Lauritz Melchior (20 March 1890 – 19 March 1973) was a Danish-American opera singer. He was the pre-eminent Wagnerian tenor of the 1920s, 1930s, and 1940s and has since come to be considered the quintessence of his voice type. Late in his career, Melchior appeared in movie musicals and on radio and television. He also made numerous recordings.
Composer: Richard Wagner
Performer: Lauritz Melchior, Helen Traubel, Astrid Varnay
Orchestra: Metropolitan Opera Orchestra
Conductor: Fritz Stiedry
Number of Discs: 3
DR-Analysis: DR 14
Size: 1.9 GB
Continue reading on Wikipedia
Analyzed Folder: /96k(Mono)Wagner – Lohengrin – Stiedry
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR14 -1.26 dB -21.55 dB sideA.flac
DR14 -1.64 dB -20.51 dB sideB.flac
DR15 -0.52 dB -20.97 dB sideC.flac
DR15 -0.77 dB -19.50 dB sideD.flac
DR14 -1.02 dB -19.16 dB sideE.flac
DR15 -0.00 dB -18.79 dB sideF.flac
Number of Files: 6
Official DR Value: DR14
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Audio Research SP15 own tube phono section.
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Audio Research SP15
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Super light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciated.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !