If one has ever needed the evidence, that Caruso was (and will be forever) the greatest opera singer of all times, so please, here it is. What a voice, what a pity, that we will never know, how this terrific voice would have sounded, if captured with the modern technics of our days. Fine transfer of the around 100 years old recordings into mono vinyl. Compliments, Supraphon, I can say, I never heard Caruso in a better way.
# Composer: Eldo di Capua, Friedrich von Flotow, G.F. Händel, Georges Bizet, Giacomo Meyerbeer, Giacomo Puccini, Giuseppe Verdi, Ruggiero Leoncavallo
# Performer: Enrico Caruso
# Vinyl 1965
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: Supraphon
# DR-Analysis: DR 8
# ASIN: not found
# Size: 481 MB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
|A1||O Sole Mio
|A2||Vieni Sul Mar
|A3||Rigoletto, Act 1 (Questo O Quella)
|A4||Rigoletto, Act 3 (La Donna É Mobile)
|A5||Il Trovatore, Act 4 (Ai Nostri Monti)
|A6||Aida, Act 1 (Celeste Aida)
|A7||I Pagliacci, (Vesti La Giubba)
|B1||Xerxes, Act 1 (Ombra Mai Fu)
|B2||L’Africaine, Act 4 (O Paradiso)
|B3||Martha, Act 3 (M’Appari)
|B4||Carmen, Act 2 (La Fleur Que Tu M’avais Jetée)
|B5||La Bohéme, Act 1 (Che Gelida Manina)
|B6||Tosca, Act 1 (Recondita Armonia)
|B7||Manon Lescaut, Act 1 (Donna Non Vidi Mai)
- Compilation Producer [Editor] – Dr. Ladislav Šíp*
- Engineer [Sound], Edited By [Cut] – Jiří Očenášek, Ing. Josef Platz*
- Tenor Vocals, Illustration [Selfportrait] – Enrico Caruso
Made in Czechoslovakia Artia Prague
Tracklist on back cover in English and Russian.
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II
Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Cartridge: Ortofon Virtus
Cartridge: Audio Technica AT 33 E MC
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Vintage (1979) Luxman L-55A
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music. Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
I tend more and more, in the last time, to de-click with an automatic setting between 1.0 and 1.2 so you can say, my rips are like half rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Very light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory