Wow, what an exciting experience, to “sit” on the shoulder of Maestro Fricsay during a rehearse of “Moldovia” by Smetana. I never espected, that his German was this marvellous. You probably never heard such a recording. A pity only for the non Germanophones among you! Enjoy it anyway! The entire A and first half of B side is basically just the conductor instructing (and correcting) the orchestra with partially very creative language. Second half of B is the piece “Moldovia” itself.
Composer: Bedric Smetana
Orchestra: Symphony Orchestra of the South-German Broadcast
Conductor: Ferenc Fricsay
Number of Discs: 1
DR-Analysis: DR 13
Size: 524 MB
Analyzed Folder: /96k (Mono) Ferenc Fricsay – Rehearse and Performance of Smetana’s ‘Moldovia’_dr.txt
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR14 -1.11 dB -21.22 dB A Rehearse 1.flac
DR12 -2.59 dB -20.11 dB B1 Rehearse 2.flac
DR12 -0.90 dB -17.75 dB B2 Smetana – Moldovia from ‘Ma Vlast (My Fatherland)’.flac
Number of Files: 3
Official DR Value: DR13
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Audio Research SP15 own tube phono section.
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Audio Research SP15
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX 5 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.18
- Very careful de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removed, never de-noising
- Wave 32/192(32/384) —> Flac 24/96(24/192): Twisted Wave 1.18
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciated.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !