Sorry for the poor cover – this is from a time, many years ago, when I made rips for my personal use and had no mind on HD – Now I don’t have the vinyls anymore.
# Composer: Gaetano Donizetti
# Performer: Maria Callas, Ferruccio Tagliavini, Piero Cappuccilli, Bernard Ladysz
# Orchestra: Philarmonia Orchestra & Chorus
# Conductor: Tullio Serafin
# Vinyl (1959)
# Number of Discs: 2
# Format: Flac
# Label: EMI
# DR-Analysis: DR 12
# ASIN: B000002RXT
# Size: 626 MB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
How different two separate interpretations can be! Joan Sutherland (who I heard sing this role at the Met) was a very lyrical Lucia. In the mad scene she was sweet and pathetic as she lost contact with reality. Callas, on the other hand showed a dark side. She truly was insane .. she was scary .. she was great but in such a different way than Sutherland. Where Sutherland did coloratura trills, Callas did dramatic shrieks. Sutherland was riveting by the sheer beauty of her voice. Callas was riveting by the intensity and theatrics of her voice. Sutherland serenely crosses the line into unreality, Callas wildly goes stark raving mad. They were both fantastic in entirely different ways and this recording is a fine example of Callas in this great role.
Analyzed folder: /Volumes/HDMUSIC/44kGD_Luc_Ca/44k Donizetti – Lucia di Lammermoor – Callas-Tagliavini-Serafin
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR12 -0.06 dB -15.97 dB side1.wav
DR12 -1.15 dB -17.13 dB side2.wav
DR12 -0.39 dB -15.97 dB side3.wav
DR12 -1.02 dB -17.54 dB side4.wav
Number of files: 4
Official DR value: DR12
- RCM: Okki Nokki
- TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II
- System: Special Edition Denon DL 103
- Phono stage: Pro-Ject Phono Box II
- Pre Amp: Unison Research Unico Pre (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Light de-Clicking with ClickRepair, significant clicks manually removing, no De-Noising
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music. Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate. I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory