In search of more Rosanna Carteri’s recordings I found this rare, live performed gem (Florence 1953), with the “crème da la crème” of its time: Carteri, Corelli, Bastianini, Barbieri, Corena.
# Composer: Sergej Prokofiev
# Performer: Rosanna Carteri, Fedora Barbieri, Franco Corelli, Ettore Bastianini, Fernando Corena
# Orchestra: Maggio Musicale Fiorentino
# Conductor: Artur Rodzinski
# Vinyls (1953)
# Number of Discs: 3
# Format: FLAC
# Label: Fonit Cetra
# DR-Analysis: DR 13
# Size: 397 MB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
Prokofiev’s opera is as no-holds barred Russian as it gets.
Prokofiev did not live to see his masterpiece performed. The novel probably contains enough material for a 4-opera cycle as massive and gripping as Wagner’s Ring Cycle. As it is, Prokofiev created a worthy treatment by selecting key moments from both War and Peace segments of the book and creating music of wonderful contrasts between them. In particular, the romantic love music and ball scenes of the Peace numbers are wonderfully set against the War numbers which contain red-blooded patriotic choruses and the hauntingly moving death of Andre. It is all great music and great theater.
If you are familiar with other recordings of this great work, you will not want to miss this recording for its special qualities and unique moments, especially the marvellous performances of lovely Rosanna Carteri and super tenor Franco Corelli. If you are new to this opera, you should have no hesitation in acquiring this recording. It is immensely enjoyable even with its few flaws.
Analyzed folder: /44k(Mono) Prokofiev – War And Peace – Rodzinski
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR13 -0.39 dB -17.71 dB sideA.wav
DR13 -0.39 dB -16.84 dB sideB.wav
DR13 -0.39 dB -17.77 dB sideC.wav
DR12 -0.99 dB -15.52 dB sideD.wav
DR12 -0.09 dB -14.98 dB sideE.wav
DR13 -0.13 dB -16.78 dB sideF.wav
Number of files: 6
Official DR value: DR13
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Vintage (1979) Luxman L-55A
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
I tend more and more, in the last time, to de-click with an automatic setting between 0.7 and 1.2 so you can say, my rips are like half rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Very light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !