Pay attention: Complete new rip, in 192/24, with the new engines of 2013
…and now 2016 re-ripped again, with the new super-pre amp Audio Research SP15.
Performer: Atrium Musicae Madrid
Conductor: Gregorio Paniagua
Number of Discs: 1
DR-Analysis: DR 20
Label: Harmonia Mundi
Size: 1.69 GB
My friends, this is one of the best sounding records I ever heard. If you look for a reason to call a record „THE PERFECT RECORD“, this is your chance…this is the one!
Maaaany years ago, when I was only 120 years old, I first heard this in a HiFi shop and was like thunderstruck. I bought two copies, don‘t know why…probably I would have bought more if there had been more copies.
Some years ago I sold the second copy (new, sealed) for more than 250 dollars on ebay to a lucky guy from Korea.
I think this record will be for all times out of print and you won‘t get it, but on CD.
The guys from Madrid are literally full into FOLIA (crazyness). They interrupt from time to time their really great performance of the known medieval melodies with…
a crazy jazzy intro of few seconds
a chain saw
a pocket computer game
an intro with saxofon that reminds the „PINK PANTHER-THEME“
the intro to Rolling Stones’ “Paint It Black” on the sitar
a VW beetle
and other strange things
…and at last, they „forget“ the finale and drive away……but they come back 1 minute later for the finale.
You will never forget this record and – believe me – when you start to listen to, it will be like the strongest drug and you want to hear it again and again and again…every day until the end of your life.
You was warned !
Analyzed folder: /192k La Folia – Atrium Musicae Madrid – Gregorio Paniagua (AR_SP15)
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR19 -0.28 dB -25.63 dB sideA.aif
DR21 -0.44 dB -28.00 dB sideB.aif
Number of files: 2
Official DR value: DR20
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- NEW ! Phono amp: Audio Research SP15 own tube phono section.
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- NEW ! Pre Amp: Audio Research SP15
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
My rips are almost rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Super light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Pay attention: I let the four old archives on FF. The four new archives of the rip with the AR SP15 are marked with the extension (AR_SP15)
Download from FileFactory
4 + 4 archives