On demand by Trottar
Great performance with awesome piano sound!
If you’ve ever wanted a benchmark recording of Chopin, get this one!
# Composer: Frederyk Chopin
# Performer: Malcolm Frager
# Vinyl (1983)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: Telarc
# DR-Analysis: DR 12
# ASIN CD: B000003CXS
# Size: 685 MB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
This LP’s success lies in its two main stars: Malcolm Frager and the Bösendorfer Imperial Concert Grand Piano. Frager gives a truly remarkable performance of Chopin. His selected pieces provide a rich sampling of what the composer has done for the piano. I particularly loved his rendition of Andante Spianato and Grande Polonaise-a work not often included in many repertoires. And the Bösendorfer (considered the “Rolls Royce” of pianos) sounds astounding-crisp, sweet treble and clear, resonant bass. This piano should really be featured in more recordings.
Analyzed folder: /96kCh_Frag/96k Chopin – Malcolm Frager
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR10 -0.76 dB -16.48 dB A1 Polonaise, Op. 53 ‘Heroic’.wav
DR13 -1.03 dB -19.23 dB A2 Andante Spianato And Grande Polonaise, Op. 22.wav
DR13 -2.07 dB -20.58 dB B1 Variations Brilliantes On An Aria From Ludovic By Herold, Op. 12.wav
DR13 -3.86 dB -20.37 dB B2 Mazurkas, Op.6.wav
DR11 -9.31 dB -24.17 dB B3 Contredanse.wav
DR11 -2.51 dB -17.18 dB B4 Tarantelle, Op. 43.wav
Number of files: 6
Official DR value: DR12
- RCM: Okki Nokki
- TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II
- System: Limited Edition Denon DL 103 SA
- Phono stage: Pro-Ject Phono Box II
- Pre Amp: Unison Research Unico Pre (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Light de-Clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no De-Noising
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music. Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate. I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory