Composer: Franz Schubert
Orchestra: Prague Sinfonia
Conductor: Christian Benda
Number of Discs: 1
Format: FLAC (tracks)
Size: 1.1 GB
01. Der Teufel als Hydraulicus D 4: Overture
02. Der Spiegelritter, D. 11: Overture
03. Overture in D major, D. 12
04. Overture in D major, D. 26
05. Des Teufels Lustschloss, D84: Overture
06. Der Vierjährige Posten, D 190: Overture
07. Claudine von Villa Bella, D239: Overture
08. Die Freunde von Salamanka, D326: Overture
09. Overture in B flat major, D470
Recorded: 10-11 November 2006
Recording Venue: Arco Diva-Domovina Prague
evered for his incomparable Lieder, Franz Schubert was also an avid operagoer who yearned, largely in vain, for success as a composer of stage works.
This disc features several of his less familiar early overtures, from Der Spiegelritter and Der Teufel als Hydraulicus (circa 1811/2) and his first completed opera, the Medieval fantasy Des Teufels Lustschloss (1813/4), to the Overture in B flat (1816).
It is hard to believe that such accomplished and effective music was the work of a teenager.