Composer: Edward Elgar, Frederick Delius
Performer: Jacqueline du Pré, Dame Janet Backer, Royal Choral Society
Orchestra: London Symphony Orchestra, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
Conductor: Sir John Barbirolli, Sir Malcolm Sargent
Number of Discs: 2
Format: DSD64 (iso)
Size: 4.47 GB
01. Cello Concerto in E minor Op. 85: I. Adagio – Moderato
02. Cello Concerto in E minor Op. 85: II. Lento – Allegro molto
03. Cello Concerto in E minor Op. 85: III. Adagio
04. Cello Concerto in E minor Op. 85: IV. Allegro – Moderato – Allegro, ma non troppo
05. Sea Pictures Op. 37: I. Sea Slumber-Song (Roden Noel)
06. Sea Pictures Op. 37: II. In Haven (Capri) (C. Alice Elgar)
07. Sea Pictures Op. 37: III. Sabbath Morning at Sea (Elizabeth Barrett Browning)
08. Sea Pictures Op. 37: IV. Where Corals Lie (Richard Garnett)
09. Sea Pictures Op. 37: V. The Swimmer (Adam Lindsay Gordon)
01. Songs of Farewell: No.1: How sweet the silent backward tracings!
02. Songs of Farewell: No.2: I stand as on some mighty eagle’s beak
03. Songs of Farewell: No.3: Passage to you!
04. Songs of Farewell: No.4: Joy, shipmate, joy!
05. Songs of Farewell: No.5: Now finale to the shore
06. A Song Before Sunrise
07. Concerto for Cello and Orchestra: Lento
08. Concerto for Cello and Orchestra: Con moto tranquillo
09. Concerto for Cello and Orchestra: Lento
10. Concerto for Cello and Orchestra: Con moto tranquillo
11. Concerto for Cello and Orchestra: Allegramente
Jacqueline du Pré’s unsurpassed recording of the [Elgar] Concerto hardly needs any further recommendation from us, spontaneous in its freely rhapsodic style but with a very special kind of meditative feeling. A concerto that should be in every collection.”
The Signature Collection is a brand new series from EMI Classics featuring the finest catalogue recordings released for the 1st time ever in high resolution format. The 1st batch of 10 titles which include Jacqueline du Pré’s Elgar Cello Concertos, Giueseppe Di Stefano’s Neapolitan Songs & Walter Gieseking’s Debussy: Complete Piano Works offer listeners more clarity & detail than ever before. The expert engineers at Abbey Road Studios who remastered the original EMI recordings on Hybrid Super Audio CDs have breathed new life into these iconic catalogue recordings. Each title in the Signature Collection is beautifully presented in a full-color illustrated hardback book. The liner notes explore not only the rich music, but also the story behind original LP covers. Also included are never before seen photographs of the original master tapes.