Performer: Rachel Barton Pine, Matthew Hagle
Number of Discs: 1
Format: FLAC (tracks+cue)
Label: Cedille Records
Size: 298 MB / 1.43 GB
01. Johannes Brahms – Wiegenlied (Cradle Song), No.4, Op.49
02. Eugene Ysaye – Reve d’Enfant (Child’s Dream), Op.14
03. Vladimir Rebikov – Berceuse (Lullaby), No.1, Op.7
04. Amy Beach – Berceuse (Lullaby), No.2, Op.40
05. Ludwig Schwab – Berceuse ecossaise (Scottish Lullaby)
06. Ottorino Respighi – Berceuse (Lullaby), No.1
07. George Gershwin – Summertime
08. Manuel De Falla – Nana (Lullaby), No.5
09. Gabriel Faure – Berceuse (Lullaby), Op.16
10. Jean Sibelius – Berceuse (Lullaby), No.6, Op.79
11. Pauline Viardot-Garcia – Berceuse (Lullaby), No.3
12. Alan Hovhaness – Oror (Lullaby), Op.1
13. Igor Stravinsky – Berceuse (Lullaby)
14. Maurice Ravel – Berceuse sur le nom de Gabriel Faure (Lullaby on the name “Gabriel Faure”)
15. Rebecca Clarke – Lullaby
16. Franz Schubert – Wiegenlied (Cradle Song), D 498, Op.98, No.2
17. Robert Schumann – Schlummerlied (Slumber Song), No.16, Op.124
18. Lucien Durosoir – Berceuse (Lullaby), No.4
19. Edvard Grieg – Vuggevise (Cradle Song), No.1, Op.38
20. Mikhail Antsev – Berceuse (Lullaby), No.1
21. Richard Strauss – Wiegenlied (Cradle Song), No.1, Op.41
22. Camillo Sivori – Berceuse (Lullaby), Op.30
23. Victor Beraud – Petite Reine Berceuse (Lullaby for a Little Queen)
24. William Grant Still – Mother and Child, No.2
25. Max Reger – Wiegenlied (Cradle Song), No.1, Op.79d
Perfect listening for newborns, parents and anyone that needs calming and tender music.
This lovely CD is perfect for any listening but it is very conducive for babies and young children to start to calm down. Ms. Pine is a very skillful and artistic player whose emotions and artistic flair are audible when listening to this music. Some pieces I was unfamiliar with but all of them are very soothing for anyone at anytime.
Just received! excellent CD
Violin virtuoso Rachel Barton Pine’s exceptional and lovely new CD does not disappoint. It begins with the famous Brahms Lullaby and includes more well-known melodies along with lesser known melodies. All beautiful arrangements! Rachel plays the musical phrases with her usual songful creativity and gorgeous tone. Her high register is simply heavenly.
This CD is perfect for a baby or child, but as an adult I can say I am enjoying it thoroughly and will listen to it a lot! It’s very calming.
I’ve gone back and am listening to Summertime from Porgy and Bess right now. Wow!
Sweet CD for babies of all ages
I heard about this album on NPR and bought it as soon as I got home. This is a lovely album of beautiful melodies. Play it for your baby, young or old. Great sleepy-time music, very relaxing. Lovely arrangements and beautifully played, and what a wonderful way to introduce really high-quality classical music to your lil one.